Craig M. Brooks
Direct Dial: 412-288-2214
Craig Brooks concentrates his practice in the labor and employment law area representing primarily management. Craig's regular areas of representation include employment discrimination litigation – including sexual harassment, age, disability, sex, race, national origin and religion discrimination cases – in court and before government agencies, union relations matters – such as labor arbitrations, unfair labor practice charges, union contract negotiations, union decertification and union avoidance measures – with managers and arbitrators as well as before the NLRB and in court, wage and hour matters in court and before the U.S. Department of Labor and the Pa. Department of Labor & Industry, harassment investigations, wrongful discharge, restrictive covenants, affirmative action programs, and defamation cases, all with a very successful track record. A very important and steady part of Craig’s practice is preventive work with clients, principally involving daily advice and counsel on handling employment problems and issues as they arise. Craig also handles a select number of plaintiff cases and provides advice to individuals in the employment law area.
He regularly appears before and has a good relationship with government employment practices agencies, such as the EEOC, PHRC, NLRB, DOL, OFCCP, OSHA, Pa. L&I, and other agencies.
Craig has an AV rating, signifying the “highest level of professional excellence” through the Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating System. Craig is a frequent speaker at educational programs is quoted in various publications (e.g., the national HR Magazine)
- U.S. District, Appeals and Supreme Courts
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, Double Major in Economics and Labor Relations, 1977
With Honors (Cum Laude)
- Duke University School of Law, J.D., 1980
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association (Labor & Employment Law Section)
- Frequent speaker on employment law and has written various articles in this field
- Board Member, UCP (United Cerebral Palsy) of Pittsburgh
- Board Member, Pittsburgh Human Resources Assoc.
- Personnel Committee, Auberle Foundation