Bradley J. Franc
Direct Dial: 412-288-2218
Bradley J. Franc concentrates his practice in the areas of business planning, commercial transactions, federal and state tax issues, and estate and succession planning.
Some of Brad’s projects have included the acquisition and sale of manufacturing, high tech and service-related companies, raising capital through private placements and negotiating and securing traditional as well as venture capital financing. Brad has structured sophisticated estate and succession plans for closely held business owners and high net worth individuals. He has worked with affluent business owners to strategically integrate their business estate and charitable planning objectives. Clients represented include closely held businesses, technology-based firms, professional athletes and affluent individuals.
Prior to joining the firm, Brad served as a certified public accountant for the international accounting firm of Ernst & Young L.L.P.
Brad has written on a variety of business subjects in various publications and is a frequent lecturer on closely held business and tax topics, federal and state tax issues and estate planning. He authored an article on tax provisions that was cited by the Supreme Court of the United States. He has appeared nationally on Bloomberg Television and Fox News web sites for his business, tax and succession planning advice; and he contributed to an article in U. S. News & World Report discussing options that family business owners have when deciding who will take over the business.
In 2010, Brad was named by Pennsylvania Super Lawyers magazine as one of the top attorneys in Pennsylvania. For three years, 2010, 2011 and 2012, Brad has been named as a Five Star Wealth Manager by Pittsburgh Magazine. In 2007, he was selected by Worth magazine as one of the Top 100 Attorneys across the nation.
Brad has an AV rating, signifying the "highest level of professional excellence" through the Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating System.
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Tax Court
- Pennsylvania State University, 1980
- University of Pittsburgh, School of Law, J.D., 1987,
Cum Laude; Law Review, Order of the Coif; Robert Maxwell DeBroff Award
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association Business Law Council and Tax Council
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, La Roche College Board of Trustees
- Board Member, Catalyst Connection
- Board Member, General Carbide Corporation
- Board Member, Passavant Hospital Foundation
- Board Member, World Presidents Association
- Former Board Member, Young Presidents Association
- Member, Advisory Board of the Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh Planned Giving
- Member, St. John Neumann Finance Council
- Chairman of Building Fund, St. John Neumann
- Chairman of Building Fund, Northern Allegheny County Chamber of Commerce
- Board Member and General Counsel, Ingomar Franklin Park Baseball Association
- Former Board Member, Light of Life Ministries
- Former Board Directors and Past President, The Northern Allegheny Chamber of Commerce
- Former Board of Directors Member, Pittsburgh Youth Symphony Orchestra
- Chairman, Fundraising Committee, Pittsburgh Youth Symphony Orchestra
- Past Chairman, Western PA Tax Conference
- Past Program Chair, Allegheny County Business Law Section