Alex W. Thomson
Member, Executive Committee
Direct Dial: 412-288-2227
Alex W. Thomson heads the firm’s Corporate Practice group. He represents a wide range of business clients from start-ups to publicly traded companies. He represents clients in a diverse set of industries from steel to software. He has counseled clients in numerous corporate transactions, including sales, acquisitions, mergers, joint ventures and strategic alliances. Alex has assisted clients in obtaining both public and private financing for their businesses, including venture capital financing. He also has a broad range of experience representing clients in the non-profit and medical areas including, foundations, churches, physician practices, medical device companies and durable medical equipment businesses. Alex has assisted clients in protecting, registering and licensing their intellectual property. Prior to law school, Alex served as an officer in the United States Army Signal Corps and was a sales representative for Nalco Chemical Company in New York City.
Alex has an AV rating, signifying the “highest level of professional excellence” through the Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating System.
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Boston University, B.S., Electrical Engineering
- University of Pittsburgh, J.D.
Cum Laude, Member of the University of Pittsburgh’s Law Review
- University of Pittsburgh’s Katz Graduate School of Business, MBA
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association (Corporation, Banking and Business Law, Tax Law, Health Law and Intellectual Property Law Sections)
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Former Chief Counsel, Allegheny Regional Asset District
- Graduate of Leadership Pittsburgh, Class XIX and the Coro Program for Emerging Leaders in Public Affairs, Class I
- Board of Directors, Leadership Pittsburgh, Inc.
- Board of Directors, Allegheny Cleanways
- Former Member, Pittsburgh Cable Communication Advisory Committee
- Veterans Leadership Program of Western Pennsylvania’s Advisory Committee