Anna Bamonte Torrance
Direct Dial: 412-288-2219
Anna Bamonte Torrance concentrates her practice in the area of health law and litigation.
Anna's experience includes representing clients on professional licensure, credentialing and medical staff issues, practice formation and management, employment and recruitment arrangements, physician self-referral laws, risk management and professional liability/malpractice defense and EMTALA.
Prior to joining Houston Harbaugh, Anna was a partner with the law firm of Grogan, Graffam, McGinley & Lucchino. Her practice there concentrated in medical malpractice defense litigation and general litigation.
Anna has lectured on such topics as managed care liability, tort reform, risk management and quality assurance, medical records confidentiality and other health law/litigation related topics. She has also had articles published in journals such as The Matthew Bender Health Law Bulletin, Hospital News, Physician’s New Digest and the Allegheny County Medical Society Bulletin.
Anna has an AV rating, signifying the “highest level of professional excellence” through the Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating System. In 2011, Anna was selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2012.
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Boston College, B.A., 1984
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 1987,
Served as a Board Member of the School of Law’s Moot Court
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association
- Chair, ACBA Health Law Section
- Member, Bench Bar Conference Executive Committee
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Board Member, Sharp Visions, Inc.
- Former Member, Allegheny County Bar Association Board of Governors (1992-1997)
- Former Chairperson, ACBA Young Lawyers Section (1993)
- Former Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association House of Delegates (1993-1996)
- Former Bench-Bar Conference Chairperson, ACBA (1997)
- Former Member, Board of Directors for the Western Pennsylvania Association of Health Care Risk Management and the Zoar Home