A business litigator and environmental lawyer, Anthony has represented business clients in significant cases presenting issues involving unfair competition, corporate governance, Sherman and Clayton Act violations, breach of fiduciary duty, fraudulent conveyance, securities fraud, trademark protection, insurance coverage, construction litigation, legal malpractice, commercial real estate, and contract matters.
He also has acted as outside general counsel to a publicly-held real estate development company, a construction company, and an international manufacturer of commercial lighting fixtures. His environmental law practice has involved contribution and cost recovery actions under CERCLA and related state statutes, air pollution regulatory enforcement and private damages actions, and water pollution issues.
Anthony is a former Pennsylvania Assistant Attorney General specializing in environmental enforcement matters and former chairman of an administrative tribunal charged with administering air pollution control regulations in the Pittsburgh region. He has served as an adjunct Professor of Law at Duquesne University School of Law and as a speaker at seminars on various litigation and environmental law topics. He has served on the boards of a number of non-profit corporations engaged in conservation and information technology projects.
- Representation of manufacturer of commercial lighting product in an action against competitor for patent infringement and in an action brought by competitor for misappropriation of design and unfair competition.
- Class counsel for class of investors in litigation alleging fraudulent securities and life insurance sales practices.
- Representation of owner of 40 story granite-clad office building in litigation against architect, general contractor and structural engineer arising out of failure of granite facade anchoring system.
- Representation of manufacturer of industrial, ultra-sonic flow meter in an action against a competitor for unfair competition and attempted monopolization.
- Representation of publicly held company in litigation against former officers and bank arising out of misappropriation of corporate assets.
- Defense of corporate managing general agent in litigation brought by insurer alleging negligence in insurance underwriting and claims management activities.
- Representation of multi-plant manufacturing company in legal malpractice litigation against major law firm arising out of pension plan termination.
- Defense of securities broker-dealer firm in series of cases brought by company alleging misapplication by a company officer of funds deposited in company bank accounts.
- Representation of institutional and high net worth individual investors in securities fraud claims against broker-dealer and investment advisor.
- Representation of real estate developer in litigation against municipality and state environmental regulatory agency to enjoin continuation of ban on sewage connections.
- Defense of National Banking Association in series of cases brought by company alleging misappropriation by a company officer of funds deposited in company bank accounts.
- Defense of investment advisory company in action alleging breach of fiduciary duty.