Corey Bauer practices in the firm’s litigation practice group with an emphasis on the substantive areas of Business Litigation, Intellectual Property Litigation, Cybersecurity and Data Breach Response, Employment, Trade Secret and DTSALaw®, Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith, and UAS/UAV (drone) Litigation and Investigations.
Corey handles sophisticated matters involving UAS/UAV (drone) technology. He has represented and/or counseled individuals and corporations in FAA regulatory compliance, FAA investigations, and even successfully defended an individual in a UAS-related jury trial in Pennsylvania. He has spoken and been published on the subject of UAS technology in the judicial system on both a state and national level.
To compliment his Business Litigation practice, he also maintains a Federal Criminal Defense practice where he represents individuals in federal criminal investigations, grand jury matters, and throughout the criminal procedural process after arrest. He has experience in counseling corporations and individuals on “dawn raids” and various constitutional protection issues arising out of criminal investigations.
Mr. Bauer has amassed a considerable amount of trial and motions practice experience in both civil and criminal matters, and he uses that experience to fearlessly prepare his clients’ cases for any potential strategy or outcome.
He has been voted by his peers to be a Thomson Reuters Super Lawyer Rising Star in Business Litigation and a National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 in Criminal Defense.
In his time outside the firm, he is extremely active in the community on both a professional and personal level. He currently sits on the Council of the Allegheny County Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division, the American Bar Association’s Drone Law Committee, and represents indigent criminal defendants in federal court for the Criminal Justice Act Panel of the Federal District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, among other groups. Being an avid outdoorsman, he is also a member of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation which aims to enhance conservation efforts across the nation.
- Drone Crimes: A New Frontier in Criminal Defense, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, The Champion Magazine, (November 2020 Issue)
- How the Coronavirus Affects Contracts With Force Majeure Clauses in Pennsylvania Courts, Allegheny County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Point of Law (Summer Issue 2020)
- The New Road to Municipal Workplace Safety, The Pennsylvania Municipal Authorities Association, The Authority Magazine, Co- Author (Volume 51, Number 1, February 2020).
- What You Need to Know About Pennsylvania Drone Crimes, The Pennsylvania Bar Association, The Pennsylvania Lawyer Magazine (March/April Issue 2020).
- Peeping Drones: Uncertainty in the UAV World After ACT 78, Allegheny County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Point of Law (Summer Issue 2019).
- The Law’s Blind Eye Toward Injustice: Why Lawyers Sometimes Allow Wrongful Convictions, Allegheny County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Point of Law (Winter Issue 2019).
- A Night at The Science Center: Criminal Procedure for the Non- Criminal Lawyer, The Allegheny County Bar Association, Pittsburgh, PA (February 28th, 2020) (ABA Award Winner)
- Drone Laws: The Imminent Quandary, The American Academy of Forensic Sciences Annual Scientific Meeting, Anaheim, CA (February 21st, 2020)
- Constitutional Rights in the Digital Age: Is There an App for that?, The Allegheny County Bar Association, Pittsburgh, PA (August 29th, 2019).