An employment and labor attorney, Craig primarily represents management, providing advice on how to handle employee issues and actions, as well as defending or pursuing claims in court and before government agencies on matters including:
- Employment discrimination claims
- Wage and hour matters
- Sexual and other harassment investigations and claims
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Wrongful discharge
- Labor/Union matters
- Restrictive covenants
- Affirmative action programs
Craig also represents individuals with advice and pursuing claims arising out of their employment.
Craig has significant experience representing management on union issues, including advice and counseling on as well as handling matters such as:
- Labor arbitrations and grievances
- Unfair labor practice charges and other NLRB proceedings
- Union collective bargaining agreement negotiations
- Union representation cases (e.g., elections, unit clarification proceedings, decertifications)
- Court suits over labor issues
- Proper practices in developing/maintaining employer represented workforces
In addition to Craig having a successful track record representing clients when claims arise, he is focused on working with clients on best practices to prevent employment problems and achieve organizational goals.
Craig has appeared extensively before government employment practice agencies, including the EEOC, PHRC, NLRB, DOL, OFCCP, OSHA, Pa. L&I, among others.
An important part of Craig’s practice is conducting training of managers and supervisors so they can minimize legal claims and better utilize human resources department staff to achieve their business goals.
- Former Board Member, UCP (United Cerebral Palsy) of Pittsburgh
- Former Board Member, Pittsburgh Human Resources Association
- Successfully avoided lawsuits against employers through effective communications in discipline and termination letters to employees on behalf of small and large employers.
- Obtained summary judgment dismissals of employment discrimination lawsuits for employers.
- Obtained favorable change for employers in Pennsylvania employment discrimination law on behalf of a Fortune 500 corporation.
- Obtained trial verdict for and award of attorneys’ fees to public utility employer in employment discrimination lawsuit.
- High victory rate in labor arbitrations for public utilities, multi-national corporations and small privately held businesses.
- Successful labor contract negotiations for various businesses facing tough economic or organizational challenges.
- Prevailed in union elections on behalf of manufacturers.
- Prevailed on behalf of defense contractor in NLRB unit clarification petition filed by union seeking to represent employees in newly created job that contained duties from an existing union job.
- Prevailed on behalf of employer, including in appeals to the Pennsylvania Superior and Supreme Courts, strengthening employment at-will protections for employers based on particular pre-hire notices given employee.