Participate as a team member and support attorneys and others within the corporate group. Assist with the recovery, drafting and filing of basic corporate documents including certificate of incorporation, amendments, and Uniform Commercial Code financing statements. Assist with managing, filing, proofreading and drafting all documents and correspondence related to funds. Availability to work overtime when required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare and file corporate, LLC and partnership organization and maintenance documents with PA and other States.
- Prepare and maintain corporate minute books and stock records.
- Track, calendar and maintain deadline-driven documents.
- Complete and file various corporate, LLC and partnership forms with the IRS.
- Prepare stock certificates, financing statements, and other corporate documents as requested.
- Retrieval of certified copies of corporate documents, certificates of good standing and legal existence and related documents from state officials for corporate transactions or when otherwise requested.
- Perform public searches of all kinds, including federal and state lien searches, financing statement, and secretary of state records; prepare charts to illustrate results.
- Review printer proofs (proofreading).
- Assist in closing binder preparation and distribution, and with other corporate document distributions.
- Assist with tasks in connection with closing of corporate transactions, including preparation of signature page packets, tracking execution status of documents and the maintenance and organization of corporate closing rooms, whether physical or electronic.
- Ability to embrace new processes and incorporate new technology to meet client demands as they evolve.
- Must be flexible in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities; ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple, detailed tasks.
- Must be team-oriented and able to share information, goals, opportunities, successes and failures with the appropriate parties.
- Ability to plan, organize and carry out multiple related activities.
- Must pay attention to details and have the ability to follow up and follow through.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and or 8 years of experience as a corporate paralegal. The candidate must be a demonstrated self-starter who is both highly organized and a team player.
Applications or inquiries about this full-time position should be directed to:
Mark E. Hill
Chief Operating Officer
Houston Harbaugh, P.C.
Three Gateway Center
401 Liberty Avenue, 22nd Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15222-1005