Consumer Product Claims
Consumer Product Claims Defense
The lawyers at Houston Harbaugh, P.C., in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, have experience defending manufacturers, suppliers and distributors of consumer products in serious personal injury and property damage claims.
Claims of defects in consumer products are as varied as the array of products available to consumer for purchase, and they can range from household tools to personal protective equipment like eye and ear protection. Our attorneys have experience defending clients in these types of claims and work closely with our clients to develop strategies and protocol that will alleviate potentially liability in the future.
Representative Products Liability Cases
The firm has vast experience in defending consumer product claims, including:
• Defense of manufacturer of kerosene heaters in products liability action alleging personal injury and property damage arising out of a fire, resulting in defense verdict.
• Defense of manufacturer of treadmill against claims of electrical malfunction, resulting in defense verdict.
• Defense of manufacturer of home exercise weight lifting unit against claims of product defect.
• Defense of manufacturer of swing set chains against claims of design and manufacturing defect, resulting in defense verdict.
• Defense of manufacturer of footwear after plaintiff claimed serious foot injury due to defective design of shoe; obtained defense verdict.
• Defense of manufacturer of eyeglasses in a suit alleging defective design which resulted in plaintiff losing vision in one eye and partial loss in other eye; summary judgment granted pursuant to motion.
• Defense of motorcycle manufacturer on design and manufacturing defect claims; obtained summary judgment.
• Defense of car seat manufacturer in infant death case; obtained dismissal due to successful discovery plan.
• Defense of manufacturer of trampolines against claims of design and manufacturing defect