Alex is a member of the firm’s Executive Committee, the firm’s President and chair of the firm’s Business Law Practice group.
Serving as outside general counsel to a wide range of businesses from start-ups to large multi-nationals, Alex represents clients in a diverse set of industries from software to international consulting to steel manufacturing. He also represents non-profit organizations such as foundations and churches as well as professional service businesses such as medical, dental and veterinary practices, and accounting and law firms.
In addition to general business law counseling, Alex has assisted his clients as lead transactional counsel in over 75 sale and acquisition transactions with a value totaling over $550 million. Further, he has counseled his clients in public and private financing including private securities offerings. He also regularly advises his clients on protecting and commercializing their intellectual property.
Prior to law school, Alex served as an officer in the United States Army and as a sales representative for Nalco Chemical Company in New York City.
- Former Chairman, Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority Board
- Former Chief Counsel, Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership
- Former Chief Counsel, Allegheny Regional Asset District
- Graduate of Leadership Pittsburgh, Class XIX and the Coro Program for Emerging Leaders in Public Affairs, Class I
- Past member of the Board of Directors, Leadership Pittsburgh, Inc.
- Past member of the Board of Directors, Allegheny Cleanways
- Past member and Treasurer of the Board of Directors of Pittsburgh Cares
- Past member of the Pittsburgh Cable Communication Advisory Committee
- Past member of the Veterans Leadership Program of Western Pennsylvania’s Advisory Committee
- Represented a mental health pharmacy business from its formation to its sale to a private equity firm for $180 million.
- Represented a lean consulting firm from its formation to its sale to a strategic buyer for $90 million.
- Represented an internet auction business from its initial acquisition from its corporate parent to its sale to a strategic buyer for $12 million.