An attorney in the Estates and Trusts Group, Shannon counsels and assists individuals in estate planning and estate administration. Her experience includes drafting fundamental and advanced estate planning documents, including:
- Financial Powers of Attorney
- Health Care Powers of Attorney
- Revocable and Irrevocable Trusts
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts (ILITs) and associated Crummey withdrawal notices
- Qualified Personal Residence Trusts (QPRTs)
- Charitable Remainder Unitrusts (CRUTs)
- Intentionally Defective Grantor Trusts (IDGTs)
- Supplemental Needs Trusts
She collaborates with clients to devise estate plans that incorporate tax planning and customized disposition of property provisions, and coordinates beneficiary designations for life insurance and retirement accounts. Her practice also involves the administration of decedents’ estates and the filing of related tax returns.
In addition to estate planning, Shannon works with family business owners to develop and implement business succession plans.
- Executive Committee Member, Secretary, Mt. Lebanon Community Foundation
- Member, Pittsburgh Symphony Association